Dan & Joy have been married for over 30 years. They have five children ages 27-16. God called Dan to Haiti during their first year of marriage, and within five years they were living in the Central Plateau of Haiti, where they worked for six years.
After almost twenty years back in the states, pastoring and working, God once again opened the door to return to Haiti. Dan is Area Director which means he recruits and administers all North American missionary personnel, is a liaison between the North American Wesleyan Church and The Wesleyan Church of Haiti, Guyana, French Guiana and Surinam. The missionary enterprise in Haiti is significant with 104 churches, 67 schools, two hospitals, 3 mission centers, and a variety of development and educational projects. Joy teaches English to pre-university students
Two of their daughters, Heather and Rebecca are at Indiana Wesleyan University. Due to major changes since the January 12 earthquake in Haiti, Brooke is finishing her school year in Pennsylvania, living with her older brother and his wife
- Pray for the population of Haiti, every family has lost family members and are grieving.
- Pray for the populace of Port-au-Prince who are sleeping in tent cities, as the rainy season begins next month.
- Dan & Joy have relocated to Port-au-Prince facilitating medical teams, pray for their health and stamina, as they not only facilitate medical teams but also “scavenge” the city for medical supplies.
- At least 10 Wesleyan churches and schools have either been destroyed or heavily damaged.Pray for pastors and families who have lost their homes and belongings and congregations who have lost their place of worship.
- Pray for the missionary team in Haiti which has turned their focus to this disaster and continue to provide relief to hurting people, that we will continue to be the arms and feet of Jesus.
Follow the daily updates on the Caribe Atlantic website www.gpcaribeatlantic.com