Jim & Karen returned to Mozambique for a second term in August of 2006. They are living in the North in Nampula (approx. population: 700,000)
Jim is from Lehighton, PA and has degrees in pastoral ministry, Christian education & missions. Karen was born in Papua New Guinea to Wesleyan missionaries. They met on a short-term mission trip to Brazil where Jim’s parents were missionaries. Her degrees are in Spanish, secondary education and teaching English as a Second Language. They have two children: Carissa and Benjamin.
There have been 35 new Wesleyan churches planted in North Mozambique since 2005. Jim is helping to train leaders. Karen has been teaching 7th and 8th grade at a local mission school for children of missionaries.
- Water on a regular basis;
- Covenant membership candidates in Nampula completing membership classes;
- Wisdom in helping Benjamin with some speech difficulties;
- Growth in new Christians through discipling;
- Wisdom and safety as they finish their last few months and return to the States.