Connect people to hope through Jesus
Advance the gospel and make disciples for Jesus
Develop a network of multiplying churches and faith-based organizations
Core Values & Beliefs
Wesleyans believe in one God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and the Savior of all men and women who put their faith in Him alone for eternal life. We believe that those who receive new life in Christ are called to be holy in character and conduct, and can only live this way by being filled with the Lord’s Spirit. We believe in the Bible and seek to establish our faith and actions on its teaching. We believe God wills for people everywhere to know Him and that the purpose of the Church is to tell the world about Christ through its worship, witness, and loving deeds.
The following are terms descriptive of who Wesleyans are and why they do what they do. They describe the “soul of the Church”:
- BIBLICAL AUTHORITY: The Bible is the highest source of written authority for God’s plan for His people; it reveals how to live out that plan, individually and corporately. Beliefs, practices, priorities are to be anchored in clear biblical teachings.
- CHRISTLIKENESS: Jesus Christ is the defining feature of God’s will for all humankind. In Christ is found the highest and most practical meaning and clearest example for holy living or godliness. Christ is both example and strength as Wesleyans pursue integrity, excellence, faith, hope, and love.
- DISCIPLE-MAKING: Making disciples is a clear mandate from Christ. This requires a strong focus on evangelism and training in spiritual growth and holy living. Done effectively, this will produce and promote growth and health in and among the churches.
- LOCAL CHURCH CENTERED: The denomination exists to serve local congregations. Local churches are the most fundamental and strategic points of evangelism and discipleship. The challenge of the denomination is to keep finding the best ways to serve and strengthen congregations.
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP: Wesleyans respect leadership that is placed over them, while realizing that the authority and effectiveness of spiritual leadership is not primarily bestowed, but earned and manifested by a loving and willing heart of obedience that serves God and mankind gladly. Wesleyans desire to be leaders in serving.
- UNITY IN DIVERSITY: There is intrinsic value in every person. Unity becomes all the more important and beautiful in the light of the wide ranges of difference in personality, culture, race, talents, and perspectives. Loving each other eliminates devaluation and deprivation of life to one another.
Visit www.wesleyan.org/beliefs for more information.
1414 Pennsylvania Ave
Bethlehem, Pa 18018
Phone: (610) 866-1388
Fax: (610) 866-0269
6737 Cetronia Road
Allentown, PA 18106